Dancehall Hero Vybz Kartel, who yesterday rushed to his defense force in an audio release on Youtube, release a statement on Facebook today claiming that other dancehall stars such as T.O.Grand and I-Octane also rock braided hairstyles.

Vybz Kartel, who now sport a long twisted hairstyle, said he has in the past braided and perm his hair without controversy.

"All the fuss abt my hair is nothing but badmind. When I had that incident w/Ninjaman in 03 I had in hair extensions – y didn't the hullabaloo commence and then? When I did "Never Love Another Girl' video in '05, I had a perm – y didn't the inquisition embark then? Because I wasn't on top so. When u r on tiptop, ppl notice all kinds of faults & flaws to tear u downwards. I could intendance less what ppl think or say abt Me."

"P.Due south. Mavado, Elephant Man, Machel Montano -whose hair was done by the same girl who did mine – TOK, etc…have all had hair extensions. Talk Bout Dat" (Vybz Kartel Facebook)

Vybz Kartel debuts his new hairstyle to much bashing from dancehall fans earlier this calendar week. Despite the bashing from the majority, hardcore Gaza fans stands house behind their deejay.

Your comments below.